I too applied for a position here even though I was a bit skeptical about the position. They had me pretty fooled with their slick-looking website.
When I went into the office in Sarasota, they had a sign on their office wall that said 'Sharper Advertising.' That was the first sign that something was up. the second was the 'employees' walking around in their cheap Men's Warehouse Suits pretending to be closing business on their cell phones. It was all for show.
Thirdly, they email you and state that they want to make sure you 'dress professionally' for your interview. Does anyone really need to be told that when they go on an interview? I don't think so. Anyways, I had applied for a job in public relations, but was told that you have to start at the ground floor. Basically, this means going door-to-door selling Verizon FiOs. The reason they wanted to make sure you dressed professionally is that they want you to 'shadow' one of their sales people. Once I found out what I was getting into, I walked out of the office.
They use deplorable, shady, business practices and misleading job postings to lure people into their office. When I got home, I did some research online and found that they were linked to Smart Circle. Going to www.ripoffreport.com, I searched for smart circle and saw hundreds of accounts of the same type of practices as this company employs.
Do yourselves a favor and stay away from this company. Better yet, submit a review about them on this site, rip-off report, or any other 'consumer-beware' site.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Job Application
- Review category
You May Also Like
- " After having a terrible experience with that *** Dr Nader Armanious I couldn't actually believe that he is a respected doctor. So, I started to check him out. I found a..."
- "Bobby Nickrent from Braintree is notoriously known for shutting down merchant accounts for no valid reasons. He should apply for Guinness records to measure the amount of incompetence he has,..."
- "My experience with Aspen Dental of Wilkes-Barre, PA was the absolute worst experience that I've ever had with any dentist or dental network. I literally almost died because of a..."
- "Received a solicitation call last November for a $68 mobile automobile detailing special. It was the worse detailing and customer service I've ever experienced. The detailer obviously didn't..."
- "Fake message from friend With email . I got an identical email from a friend I emailed back and fourth gave out too much info ..."
- "We purchased by puppy from Jose for my Birthday present. And let me tell you he was EXACTLY what we expected! Jose sent us pictures and was very easy to..."
- "The bottom line - Nest makes fantastic, state-of-the-art, reliable products. I own 2 of the thermostats and just installed 5 outdoor nest cams at $200 / cam. The problem is..."
- "Very disappointed in this builder. Sold my Maronda Homes built house, purchased this house in July and I immediately began breaking out in hives all over my body. I have..."
- "I first spoke with chat agent Peter. He gave me the part numbers of the LED headlights that supposedly fit my Subaru. I made the purchase and three..."